(NaturalHealth365) Over one billion people, or one in every seven people on the planet, experience a candida infection per year. This staggering number is growing, and chances are that you’re going to have a fungal infection at some point in your life.
That’s why you should know how to recognize symptoms of the most frequent types of fungal infections, and take appropriate action – which includes the consumption of high-quality organic foods and nutritional supplements like, resveratrol and goldenseal, probiotics and raw garlic.
What are the signs and symptoms of candida infection?
Candida yeasts are most often to blame for fungal infections, with the species Candida albicans most common. You naturally harbor candida in your body, but the yeast becomes a problem when it grows too much compared to healthy microorganisms in your body.
These are some of the conditions associated with overgrowth of this class of yeast:
- Oral candidiasis, or thrush. Candida is normally present in your mouth, but overgrowth can occur. Symptoms include white patches within your mouth or in your throat, bleeding, altered taste and red sores.
- Vaginal yeast infection. Overgrowth of candida can be the result of a diminished presence of healthy lactobacillus bacteria due to the overuse of antibiotics, pregnancy, or a compromised immune system.
- Invasive candidiasis. This is a fungal infection in the bloodstream – which tends to occur during extended hospital stays.
In addition to these acute conditions, candidiasis may be present as a chronic, lower-scale infection. Intestinal candidiasis can cause symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, lack of interest, and unexplained physical pain.
You’re more likely to get an infection if you have an autoimmune condition, such as AIDS or you’ve taken too many antibiotics in the past. Thankfully, you can eliminate candidiasis issues with a healthy diet – low in simple sugars – and nutritional supplements.
6 ways to naturally kill candida yeast overgrowth
Since candida is a type of yeast, a yeast-free diet is a popular choice. Avoid sugar, white flour, aged cheese, yeast, overly-processed foods and your symptoms are likely to fade away rather quickly. According to Dr. Elmer Cranton, past president of the American Holistic Medical Association, ‘Chemical colorings, flavorings, preservatives, stabilizers and emulsifiers add more stress on the immune system.’
Many nutritional supplements (and foods) have been shown to help those suffering with candida infections such as:
1. Probiotics found in raw sauerkraut, kombucha, miso, tempeh and supplements – which help to improve the digestive system and nutrient absorption.
2. Resveratrol, available in 200 to 1,000-milligram supplemental dose – derived from the skin of grapes.
3. Goldenseal, vitamin C and D have all been shown to help boost the immune system and, naturally, dosage will vary depending on your particular needs. If you’re not sure – talk to a qualified medical professional, trained in orthomolecular and/or herbal medicine.
4. Garlic, a natural antibiotic, which you can get fresh or from dietary supplements in doses of 1,000 milligrams or more.
5. Unrefined, organic coconut oil, in daily dosages of 1 – 2 tablespoons, provide a good source of healthy fats for optimal health.
6. Raw apple cider vinegar, olive leaf extract and Pau d’arco – all have anti-fungal properties to help remove excess yeast from the body.
Candida is a widespread infection, but you can arm yourself against it. Besides a healthy diet that emphasizes unprocessed foods, take a look at the dietary supplements mentioned today and get started on the ‘new’ you.