(NaturalHealth365) Why are liver cleansing foods necessary? In the modern world, many of us suffer from over-taxed livers and don’t even realize it. Everything from environmental pollution to stress impacts this vital organ; however, once someone’s liver is overtaxed, it can no longer efficiently process toxins and eliminate them from the body.
The liver has a vital role in the body as it takes the nutrients you eats, and makes them into compounds that benefit your body. It is essential to cleanse your liver to not only help with your digestive system, but also to consistently get rid of any toxins that have built up over time.
Let’s take a look at 7 of the most powerful liver cleansing foods and herbs:
1. Beets – are a true superfood, as they are full of antioxidants, B vitamins and betalain. When it comes to your liver, beets work to thin the bile and this, in turn, flushes out the liver. Further, the American Liver Foundation has revealed that their research shows that beets can heal liver disease.
2. Turmeric – also boost the production of bile. If you see curcumin in supplements or tinctures, it is the powerful compound in turmeric that gives it its yellow-orange color. Curcumin has been shown to fight liver cancer and even help with fibroids in the liver. Turmeric also can improve the functioning of the gallbladder, which also helps to flush toxins from the body.
3. Grapefruit – while the grapefruit diet is, of course, extreme and not to be recommended, there is actually some logic behind it, as grapefruit is one of the best liver cleansing foods. The high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants in grapefruit can help to eliminate carcinogens.
4. Milk Thistle – is prominently displayed, as an herbal supplement, in most natural health food stores. This herb contains silymarin, which protects the liver from toxins. As The University of Maryland Medical Center researchers revealed, silymarin also encourages the liver to produce new liver cells.
5. Dandelion – is an amazing (natural) diuretic. It boosts the removal of toxins from the body. In addition, to taking dandelion supplements, you can also eat the leaves or even juice the dandelion. Dandelion root tea has been used for a very long time for liver cleansing and detoxification.
6. Green Tea – has numerous benefits in the body including fighting cancer, IBD and diabetes, but research has shown it can also combat liver disease. It can also help the body resist damage to the liver caused by substances like alcohol. Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which can assist with overall liver function.
Keep in mind, one can never say that any of these substances actually “cure” any disease – because that is illegal in the United States, but many “healthy” things have been said about all of these substances plus many other natural foods and herbs.
7. Garlic – can benefit your health in a myriad of ways, such as preventing cancer and is well-known for its ability to cleanse the liver. It contains sulfur-containing compounds that activate the enzymes in the liver that remove toxins from the body.
Of course, if you’re seeking to help out your liver, definitely avoid fried foods and very high-fat foods as well. If your body has to process too much fat, it won’t be able to effectively handle its other jobs. Keeping your weight at a healthy level and be sure to regularly consume the liver cleansing foods and herbs discussed in this article.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! Click here to join the NaturalNews Inner Circle – a monthly (online) subscription offering exclusive audio interviews, video events, natural health product discounts, free gifts plus much more!