(NaturalHealth365) Did you know that oral contraceptives were classified as carcinogenic? I knew there were many side effects from the birth control pill, but when I discovered that they were classified as a “group 1 carcinogen”, I was shocked.
According to the World Health Organization, oral contraceptives fall into the group one carcinogen category, which means a ‘known and probable’ cancer-causing agent to human beings. Examples of group one carcinogens are tobacco, asbestos, plutonium, diesel exhaust and “the pill”.
Does that mean that everyone who is exposed to group 1 carcinogens develop cancer?
Not necessarily, but the chances of developing cancer are much higher. In August 2014, the American Association for Cancer Research, released an article called, “Recent Use of Some Birth Control Pills Increase Breast Cancer Risk.”
In a nested case-control study of 1,102 women diagnosed with breast cancer and 21,952 controls, scientists found that recent oral contraceptive use increased breast cancer risk by 50 percent, compared with never or former use. Birth control pills containing low-dose estrogen did not increase cancer risk.
How does the increased levels of estrogen cause breast cancer? According to Dr. Angela Lanfranchi, and her booklet on Breast Cancer Risks and Prevention”:
”Estrogen can cause cancers in two ways. First, estrogen acts as a “mitogen.” Estrogen stimulates your breast tissue to increase cell divisions (mitoses). This sometimes results in cancers due to errors in cell division (mutations). Second, certain metabolites of estrogen also act as carcinogen or genotoxins, by directly damaging DNA, thereby causing cancer cells to form.”
How to help protect yourself from the cancer-causing danger of oral contraceptives
1. Eat lots of cruciferous vegetables and supplement with DIM I3C. This is a concentration of specific nutrients in the cruciferous vegetables that help to metabolize estrogen into the less aggressive and protective estrogen metabolites.
2. Support your liver with nutrients such as NAC and milk thistle that will help detoxify any carcinogenic substance.
3. Lignans in flax seeds are potential breast cancer Inhibitors. They actually help to metabolize estrogens and inhibit the growth of blood vessels that feed tumors.
An excellent source of concentrated flax oil is “Brevail.” This flax oil concentrate was university researched and developed to increase lignan concentrations in the body to match levels found in women who collectively demonstrate an extraordinary history of breast health and hormonal balance.
4. Follow ”The 7 Essentials System”, an evidence-based program that teaches you how to prevent and heal breast cancer naturally.
Are you looking for a less toxic method of birth control?
1. The Ovu-Tech is a hand-held mini-magnification tool about the size and shape of a lipstick holder. You put a small amount of saliva on the lens and allow it to dry. If you are fertile or just getting ready to ovulate, you will see a beautiful display of crystalline patterns that look like ferns.
2. The Basal Temperature method. You measure your basal body temperature vaginally each morning, before you get up, and chart your temperature. When there is a slight increase in your temperature, you are ovulating.
3. The Mucous Method. A clear, egg-white vaginal mucous is an indication that you are ovulation. When you are not ovulating and are not fertile, your mucous will be tacky and sticky.
4. Of course, other methods to consider could be condoms and diaphragms.
We are exposed to so many xeno-estrogens or chemical estrogens from the environment, plastics, personal care products, dental metals and hormone injected foods. Regardless of your decision about birth control, support your body to properly metabolize estrogen with proper nutrition and lifestyle choices.
About the author: Dr. Veronique Desaulniers, better known as “Dr. V”, is the founder of The 7 Essentials System ™, a step-by-step guide that teaches you exactly how to prevent and heal Breast Cancer Naturally. To get your F.R.E.E. 7 day mini e-course, and to receive her weekly action steps and inspiring articles on the power of natural medicine – visit: BreastCancerConqueror.com.