(NaturalHealth365) Six years ago, British physician Dr Erica Mallery-Blythe sacrificed a successful career in emergency medicine to focus on a new medical interest, radiation emitted by Wi-Fi and other wireless devices. She is now one of the UK’s few professional advisers on medical conditions related to radiofrequency (RF) radiation and other electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
A doctor that ‘walks the talk.’
Dr. Mallery-Blythe decided to move to the country and stopped carrying a cell phone, “I was using wireless devices before most people I knew – I loved it,” says Dr. Mallery-Blythe, who was an early adopter, she had her first cell phone aged 10.
“As soon as I started digesting the literature on EMFs it was a no-brainer,” she says “I wasn’t willing to take that kind of risk for something that was purely convenient.”
An alarming trend within emergency medicine
In her role as an emergency physician she began noticing more and more symptoms in people like; headaches, fatigue, insomnia and palpitations. She also noticed an alarming trend in more serious conditions such as brain tumors in the young, fertility issues and neurological diseases such as early onset Alzheimer’s and autism.
Bottom line, wireless technology is dangerous.
Over the last few years Wi-Fi, laptops and tablets have become increasingly prevalent in classrooms. Hundreds of families have sought Dr. Mallery-Blythe’s help with what they believe to be EMF-related health issues.
How could Monday do so much harm to one girl?
In the fall of 2011 Jessica Lewis complained to her parents that she was getting bad headaches at school and was feeling overly tired, Monday’s were the worst days for her. She developed rashes on her legs. Her parents said she looked completely tired out after school.
Jessica’s father Paul says, “I ignored it. We didn’t know anything about Wi-Fi then, we didn’t think her school had it.”
Later that term, whilst attending a parents’ evening, Paul noticed a Wi-Fi router near Jessica’s desk in her classroom. He later learned that Monday was the day of the week the whole class worked on laptops.
When their family doctor backed up the Lewis family’s suspicions about Wi-Fi being the culprit they tried to convince the school to use wires instead of Wi-Fi. They even offered to pay for the school to be wired with cables.
The school refused, saying that Wi-Fi exposures were well within internationally accepted standards. Dr. Simon Mann at PHE, the Department of Health’s agency in charge of health protection replied, “we do not think the balance of available scientific evidence on radiofrequency has shifted and, as such, our position remains that PHE sees no reason why Wi-Fi should not continue to be used in schools and in other places.”
Much to her disappointment Jessica is now home-schooled because her symptoms resurface when she’s exposed to Wi-Fi.
Warning to ‘modern’ society: 10 billion times more RF radiation today
Associate Professor Olle Johansson, a neuroscientist at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, predicts a “paradigm shift” in attitudes towards wireless radiation and other EMF exposures. We’re now living in an environment which has approximately 10 billion times more RF radiation than it did just fifty years ago. He says “if this environment is safe we’re talking about in the order of 15,000 to 25,000 papers – in peer-reviewed scientific journals – all being wrong. That has never happened before.”
Here are some facts that can be gleaned from reading the studies:
- A five-year-old child absorbs up to 60 per cent more radiation than an adult due largely to their thinner skulls and their high water content.
- Brain tumors have now overtaken leukemia as the most common cause of cancer in children in the Western world.
- A recent study found a fivefold increase in the risk of glioma (a form of brain cancer now recognized by the WHO as being linked to cell phone radiation) for those starting cell phone use under 20 years of age, which indicates that the age group at first use is highly significant.
Busting the myths around Wi-Fi radiation
It’s an eye-opening presentation because it clears up a number of widely held misconceptions about Wi-Fi radiation For instance:
- Spending time a good distance away from a Wi-Fi router may reduce radiation intensity, but some studies show that low-intensity windows of radiation are more harmful than higher-intensity exposures.
- People think their children are safe because the cell phone is not bear the brain or the Wi-Fi router is far away. Unfortunately the studies indicate this is not entirely true because the brain is better protected than other more vulnerable parts of the body.
Here are some Wi-Fi radiation tips
1. Keep your cell phone switched off as much as possible and don’t use it unless you need to. Keep it in airplane mode when it is on and never carry your mobile close to your body when it is switched, even on standby.
2. Don’t use Wi-Fi for internet. Hard wire your Internet connection and buy a router with no wireless capacity or disable it. Disable Wi-Fi on your laptop or tablet via the control.
3. Replace cordless DECT landlines with corded versions. Most cordless telephones emit radiation whether they’re in use or not.
For more ways to protect yourself from wireless radiation – visit: ElectricSense.com
Dr. Mallery-Blythe now gives presentations to teachers around the UK in which she presents scientific studies that reveal both short and long-term effects of EMF exposure. One of the presentations (below) has had more than 25,000 views on YouTube since last November. It’s about an hour – but may be worth the time, especially if you’re sensitive to wireless radiation.
Dr. Mallery-Blythe points out the contradictions on this issue. Whilst there is a gradual move towards warning children not use cell phones except for essential calls, the UK and many other governments are happy to promote the use of iPads in schools, despite evidence that iPads and similar tablets can have an equivalent or higher SAR (the rate at which radiation is absorbed by the body) than a cell phone. Please share this information with your family and friends.
About the author: Lloyd Burrell is the founder of ElectricSense.com. His website offers solutions to the growing number of people whose health is being compromised by exposure to wireless and similar technologies. Download his free EMF Health Report today!