Toxic chemical alert: 10 facts about fluoride
(NaturalHealth365) You may not think to include fluoride among the list of toxins that you need to minimize or eliminate. After all, most conventionally-trained dentists and public health officials tell us that fluoride is “good for our health” – right? Well, not really – especially when you get the facts and truly understand all the fluoride dangers that exist.
In fact, if your public water system is fluoridated – which is true for at least two-thirds of the U.S. population, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – then avoiding fluoride can be extremely difficult. What does this mean?
It could be that you and your family are dealing with fluoride side effects without even being aware of them.
Fluoride dangers EXPOSED: Find out what this toxin is doing to your health and how to avoid it
Fluoride is a chemical ion of the highly reactive element fluorine. The compound is naturally found in some foods, soil, and water. But the fluoride in your drinking water is synthetically produced – and classified as a neurotoxin.
Why is it there? Allegedly, to reduce the risk of tooth decay. However, you’re almost certainly not being told about known fluoride dangers.
Consider these interesting facts:
Do NOT ignore the health dangers linked to toxic indoor air. These chemicals - the 'off-gassing' of paints, mattresses, carpets and other home/office building materials - increase your risk of nasal congestion, fatigue, poor sleep, skin issues plus many other health issues.
Get the BEST indoor air purification system - at the LOWEST price, exclusively for NaturalHealth365 readers. I, personally use this system in my home AND office. Click HERE to order now - before the sale ends.
- Artificially adding fluoride to drinking water is NOT a common practice worldwide. In fact, 97% of people in Western Europe do NOT consume fluoridated water.
- Fluoride can damage the thyroid system, leading to a decrease in calcium in the bones and an increase in free-floating calcium in the blood. Excessive amounts of serum calcium can cause cellular, organ, and tissue damage throughout the body.
- Research has shown that exposure to fluoride before birth increases the risk of cognitive impairment, lower IQ, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and other neurodevelopmental problems in children.
- Fluoride exposure can actually damage teeth due to a condition known as dental fluorosis – which affects as much as 41% of 12- to 15-year-olds in America, according to the CDC. Fluorosis is largely considered a cosmetic issue since it leads to tiny white streaks and specks in tooth enamel. But it can lead to significant tooth decay and damage in severe cases.
- Too much fluoride exposure can also damage your bones due to a related condition known as skeletal fluorosis. In this condition, bones can become overly hardened, thickened, and less elastic, which can increase the risk of fractures, joint dysfunction, and immobility.
- Certain people may be more susceptible to damaging fluoride side effects, according data shared by the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT). These include the elderly, people who are deficient in calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C (that’s a lot of us), and people with kidney and heart problems.
- Fluoride may not be as good at protecting your teeth as the government wants you to believe! The British Medical Journal and other publications have found no randomized controlled trials examining the effects of fluoride on tooth decay. Other studies have found no association between fluoride exposure and tooth decay rates – which makes us question who is funding the studies that have claimed the synthetic compound is good for our teeth.
- Fluoridating water is unethical compared to many health experts, who logically state that the practice is akin to mass medication without the informed consent of the public.
- Do you have trouble sleeping? Insomnia is reported as a potential adverse effect of fluoride, and lack of sleep is known to be a major risk factor for everything from obesity and heart disease to cancer and dementia.
- The IAOMT lists several additional potential fluoride side effects, including acne, early female puberty, infertility, thyroid dysfunction, bone cancer, high blood pressure, heart failure, and many more.
Many health experts are calling for fluoride to be included on the list of toxins which people should be more aware of and reduce their exposure to. To protect your health, purchase high quality water filtration systems and instill healthy fluoride-free dental habits in your family!
Editor’s note: My personal favorite for toothpaste is HERE to keep the mouth healthy and clean.
Plus, click here to gain INSTANT access to the Holistic Oral Health Summit and find out how poor oral health issues can be avoided (and corrected) with the right information.
Sources for this article include: