NH365 011: Grow your own food – A simple approach
(NaturalHealth365) Statistically speaking, our children – in the first time in history – will not live as long as us. Childhood obesity, diabetes and cancer are at epidemic levels. Let’s face it – our conventional food supply is making us sick – which is why the demand to grow your own food is on the rise.
Today, on the NaturalHealth365 Podcast, Jonathan Landsman offers an exclusive interview with the ‘most dangerous woman in America’ – Marjory Wildcraft, as we explore how to grow your own food and its many health benefits.
We have seen unprecedented growth within the organic food market. In fact, according to the Nutrition Business Journal, ‘United States sales of organic products were an estimated $28.4 billion in 2012 – over 4 percent of total food sales – and will reach an estimated $35 billion in 2014.’ But, organic food can be costly for many – so, creating your own ‘backyard garden’ is a great way to feed your family and save a ton of money.
Links related to the show:
1. To learn more about Marjory Wildcraft and how to grow your own food – visit: GrowYourOwnGroceries.org
2. Subscribe to the NaturalHealth365 newsletter to receive lots of great health gifts + the latest news and information on natural health solutions.
Grow your own food and reap the rewards
Don’t underestimate the health benefits of a home garden. Imagine never having to worry about food prices or scarcity issues. Remember, having a reliable source of food is one of the most basic human survival needs.
A home garden will give you immediate access to fresh, organic produce. This will save you time (and money) on gasoline and food-related expenses. Plus, let’s not forget, the ‘flavor factor’. Homegrown food will taste so much better!
Obviously, with an organic home garden, you will reduce your toxic burden. Chemicals, in our commercially-produced food supply, are at an all-time high. In fact, more than a million pounds of pesticides — many of them toxic to the brain and nervous system — are applied in the United States, every year. Growing your own organic food ensures a safe, delicious food supply for your family.
Finally, let’s not forget the ‘fun factor’. Growing your own food is a great way to make new friends with other gardeners. By sharing your experience and trading food supplies – you have a wonderful opportunity to build a strong network of friends, especially in challenging times. Of course, by growing your own food – you automatically become more physically active and that’s a good thing.
Show highlights include:
- Learn the single BIGGEST reason why you need to grow your own food.
- Marjory issues a major warning about the United States economy and why we should prepare now.
- A valuable health lesson to learn from the economic collapse, in Cuba, from 1991 – 1995. (Marjory went to Cuba and interviewed the people)
- The #1 mistake to avoid for the beginner gardener.
- Find out how much land you really need to start a garden – including enough space to earn extra income. (it’s smaller than you think)
- The number one secret to having a “green thumb”.
- Discover the easiest food sources to grow. (Vegetarians will be shocked to hear the answer)
- The importance of community. (listen carefully BEFORE you move to a ‘secluded’ area)
- The top 3 tips for getting started today plus much more!
Share this information with your family and friends. The NaturalHealth365 Podcast is designed to be easily downloadable and shared on social media. So, if you can, help us spread the word about healthy living. Enjoy the show.