NH365 007: 4 reasons to eat fermented foods during the flu season
(NaturalHealth365) This flu season and the Ebola virus outbreak of 2014 have got entire nations under heightened alert. But, what most people never hear about is how fermented foods can help to boost immune function and lower your risk of getting sick.
According to Reuters, “with the annual flu season looming, hospitals and doctors are preparing themselves for emergency rooms that may become flooded with patients who fear Ebola but instead have influenza, which can cause similar symptoms in the early stages such as fever and body aches.”
Are you at risk this flu season? Let’s be honest, your risk of infectious disease goes way up when your immune system is compromised or depleted. Chronic stress; a lack of sunlight; no physical activity; low vitamin D levels, inadequate antioxidant intake and poor digestion put you at high risk for getting sick. One of the best ways to improve immune function is to eat fermented foods – on a daily basis.
Great NEWS about fermented foods and lowering the risk of viral infections
To avoid becoming a flu season statistic, you’ll want to keep your immune system healthy and strong. And, when you consider that around 70% of the immune system is located in the digestive tract, eating probiotic-rich, fermented foods is a wise choice.
Here are the top 4 reasons to eat fermented foods this flu season:
1. A superior source of probiotics – which are the beneficial bacteria, in the gut, that help us improve digestion, immunity and prevent disease symptoms. Instead of spending a small fortune on individual probiotic strains – get trillions of probiotics, naturally blended together by eating foods like, sauerkraut, miso and kimchi.
Do NOT ignore the health dangers linked to toxic indoor air. These chemicals - the 'off-gassing' of paints, mattresses, carpets and other home/office building materials - increase your risk of headaches, dementia, heart disease and cancer.
Get the BEST indoor air purification system - at the LOWEST price, exclusively for NaturalHealth365 readers. I, personally use this system in my home AND office. Click HERE to order now - before the sale ends.
2. Improve nutrient absorption due to better digestive function. When you have the ‘right balance’ of friendly and unfriendly gut bacteria – you’ve got the best chance of digesting your food properly and extracting the most nutrients out of your meals. Bottom line, you’ll feel like you don’t need as many nutritional supplements because your body is well-nourished.
3. Lower your food bill. Homemade kombucha or sauerkraut is extremely healthy and only cost pennies per serving. Of course, feeling better and spending less on supplements will only help you lower your food costs.
4. A great way to preserve food. While fresh cabbage, in the refrigerator, will only last days – fermented cabbage can last months plus it’s delicious!
Start improving your immune function today
In our latest episode of the NaturalHealth365 Podcast, Jonathan Landsman and Susan Smith Jones, Ph.D. talk about the health benefits of fermented foods – especially fermented vegetables. Eating these foods will improve your immune function, increase your energy and help you avoid getting sick.
We all need some motivation (and inspiration) from time to time. Simply click the play button (above) and enjoy the show!
Program highlights include:
- A great overview of fermented vegetables – for the beginner.
- An enlightening discussion about ‘why’ probiotics have become so popular these days.
- The biggest difference between probiotic pills and probiotic-rich foods.
- The entire list of health benefits associated with eating fermented vegetables.
- Interesting (scientific) facts never discussed in the mainstream media. (this will really surprise you)
- Important news about picking the ‘right’ fermented vegetable products. (listen carefully before you spend your money)
- Simple ways to make fermented veggies at home – recipe ideas included! (super easy)
Links related to the show:
1. Visit: SusanSmithJones.com for lots of great information and free gifts from Dr. Susan Smith Jones.
2. “The Healing Power of Fermented Vegetables” by Susan Smith Jones, Ph.D.
3. Subscribe to the NaturalHealth365 newsletter to receive lots of great health gifts + the latest news and information on natural health solutions.