NH365 008: Stop food cravings naturally
(NaturalHealth365) Do you suffer from binge-eating habits or do you just feel like food cravings have too much control over your life? Either way, you can overcome any unhealthy lifestyle habit that’s holding you back. Best of all, it doesn’t require complex ‘diet plans’ or toxic substances to be free of food addictions.
Today, on the NaturalHealth365 Podcast, Jonathan Landsman invites Melissa Kathryn,a certified holistic nutrition, fitness and fashion guru, to explore how food cravings get created (early in life); the biggest (attitude) mistake people make about food choices; and, most importantly, the specific ways to overcome unhealthy emotional eating habits.
Are you looking to overcome a food addiction? Get some expert advice – show details below:
- The difference between ‘head’ and ‘heart’ cravings.
- What do head cravings look like?
- What do heart cravings look like?
- The 3 MOST important questions to ask – if you suffer from head or heart cravings.
- And, finally, learn about the single BEST exercise to help you overcome food cravings. (it’s so simple)
Are you suffering with food cravings or any other eating disorder?
In March 2003, according to The Journal of Nutrition, 68% of men and 97% of women reportedly have food cravings. And by the way, women tend to crave high fat, sweet things and men go for high fat meats and salty things – more often. Bottom line, most of us – from time to time – experience food cravings, but what do they represent?
For example, if you crave red meat – you may be protein deficient. Craving fatty foods can often be connected to anxiety, hormonal changes or other unresolved emotional issues.
Chocolate is a common food craving and could simply mean that you’re magnesium deficient. In other words, many food-related addictions can be resolved by eating a better (balanced) diet of whole (organic) foods.
Do NOT ignore the health dangers linked to toxic indoor air. These chemicals - the 'off-gassing' of paints, mattresses, carpets and other home/office building materials - increase your risk of nasal congestion, fatigue, poor sleep, skin issues plus many other health issues.
Get the BEST indoor air purification system - at the LOWEST price, exclusively for NaturalHealth365 readers. I, personally use this system in my home AND office. Click HERE to order now - before the sale ends.
Are you addicted to these foods?
Some of the most popular food categories include, sweets, chocolate, salty foods, fat, meat, Pica cravings (crazy, and/or harmful cravings like eating chalk) and chewing ice. The key to overcoming these addictions is to stop labeling yourself ‘good’ or ‘bad’. But, rather, to simply understand the origin of these addictions and how to naturally change your habits – without having to resort to toxic medications or expensive diet programs.
3 ways to break the vicious cycle of food addictions:
1. Avoid food triggers. According to Marcia Pelchat, PhD, of the Monell Center, “You crave what you eat, so if you switch what you’re eating, you can weaken your old cravings and strengthen new ones”. And, these changes can happen pretty fast – within days.
2. Ruin the temptation. According to Caroline Apovian, MD, director, Nutrition and Weight Management Center at Boston Medical Center, “Don’t just throw it away; run water over it, ruin it. You’ll feel a sense of accomplishment that you’ve licked your binge”.
3. Distract yourself. According to John Foreyt, Ph.D,, Baylor College of Medicine – “cravings typically last ten minutes”. So, as soon as you feel the ‘urge’ to eat something you really don’t want — make a phone call to a loved one; take a 10 – 20 minute ‘health walk’ or just listen to some music.
Hopefully, after listening to this podcast, you’ll see how easy it is change your eating habits and gain greater control over your life. Remember, you deserve to have a great life – take time (now) to listen to this program and enjoy!
Links related to the show:
1. Visit: MelissaKathryn.com for more information about Melissa Kathryn – including her personalized approach toward achieving optimal health.
2. Subscribe to the NaturalHealth365 newsletter to receive lots of great health gifts + the latest news and information on natural health solutions.