Reishi mushrooms combat cancer and deadly microorganisms
(NaturalHealth365) Like a reliable wake-up call, Reishi mushrooms activate the disease-fighting cells of your immune system, pushing them to aggressively combat cancer and other diseases. It’s little wonder Reishi mushrooms have been prized by Eastern medicine for centuries.
Scientific studies have shown Reishi mushroom extracts to be effective in combating tumor growth, preventing cancer and prolonging life. But its immune-boosting advantages aren’t limited to cancer. Research shows that Reishi’s cellular and molecular activities also provide protection against a long list of deadly microorganisms – including those causing human immunodeficiency (HIV) and hepatitis B (HBV), among others.
Catalyst for stimulating the immune system against deadly diseases
The secret to Reishi’s powerful punch is its broad array of bioactive molecules, including alkaloids, sterols, polysaccharides and triterpenoids. Each has a different mode of action when interacting with the varied components of the immune system and spurring them to action.
It is known that over time, the immune system ages and becomes less effective, one of the biggest factors behind an increase in disease later in life. But Reishi extracts bring more youthful patterns back to circulating white blood cells, promoting protective cell types – like those producing antibodies – while squelching activities of cells causing inflammation and other effects of aging.
Reishi is also known to have the ability to stimulate energy production and transfer at the cellular level. This is particularly critical given the frenzied metabolic needs of active immune cells.
Protection against cancer and other life-threatening microorganisms
Research has shown Reishi mushroom extracts could be instrumental in preventing cancer through their interaction with cells that are able to attack abnormal cancerous tissue before it can grow into a full-blown tumor. The spleen and the thymus, both of which are sources of aggressive cancer-killing cells, are likely the primary location of interaction. In laboratory tests, the advantages of Reishi in fighting cancer occurred even in subjects where cancerous tumors had already been discovered.
Numerous laboratory and animal studies have shown that Reishi extract can also have a direct effect on a broad array of other deadly microorganisms that are particularly known to threaten health during the aging process.
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV): Reishi may offer a less-toxic approach to HIV. Reishi extracts have been shown to produce a substantial drop in the number of active virus particles in primates infected with simian acquired immune deficiency, or SAIDS, a model of human HIV/AIDS. Active compounds found in Reishi mushrooms are able to inhibit HIV enzymes.
- Influenza: Too often, attempting to halt the flu with a flu vaccine results in contracting the virus itself. A better choice? The trace elements found in Reishi mushroom extracts are known to be effective combatants against influenza viruses. If already infected, those suffering from a flu virus can expect Reishi mushroom to reduce the severity of the illness and its complications.
- Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster: Reishi mushroom extract has been shown in studies to halt spread of both the Herpes simplex virus, which causes cold sores and genital herpes, as well as the Herpes zoster virus, which is known to cause shingles infections. Reishi serves as a catalyst for activating the production of natural “killer” cells in the immune system.
- Postherpetic Neuralgia: Patients with Postherpetic Neuralgia know well the pain of this infection, which is often resistant to conventional pain management. But Reishi extracts have been shown to diminish the painful effects of this viral outbreak. It should be administered before a herpes outbreak for greatest effectiveness.
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV): This dangerous virus is a major culprit behind liver disease around the globe. Reishi mushroom extracts have been shown in studies to stop HBV replication, diminishing the virus’s ability to gain a stronghold in liver cells.
- Epstein-Barr virus: While you may not have heard of this virus, Epstein-Barr virus is known not only to cause mononucleosis in young people, but several types of very aggressive lymphomas in adults.
Adding Reishi to your diet
There are a variety of Reishi supplements available, but with most supplements, not all are of equal quality. Look only to trusted sources.
In addition to supplements, Reishi mushroom extracts can also be incorporated into your diet on a regular basis.
Sources for this article:
Food & Nutrition
Natural Health 365
Natural Health 365 is a premium source of trending and popular health-related news, science, testimony & research articles on the most up to date and relevant natural health information. The Food & Nutrition articles found herein are meant to inform and advise our site visitors on eating healthy, nutritious foods and safely using supplements and vitamins to achieve optimal health.
Join thousands of daily visitors staying informed and involved on Natural Health 365! We seek out scientific solutions with proven results and it is our mission to keep you informed! Articles range in topic from the cancer fighting qualities of Olive Oil, to the remarkably high concentration of anti-oxidants found in blueberries, to how to make your own almond milk, to a nutritional comparison of organic vs conventional produce, to an analysis of the health benefits of tree nuts. You can find all of the Food News Articles here
Read Some of Our Most Popular Articles
Artichokes, Olive Oil, Almond Milk, Blueberries
Food News is one of our major post categories on www.naturalhealth365.com and contains over 350 articles that cover a wide range of subjects; including but not limited to…
More Food & Nutrition Articles
Fresh Organic Produce Fights Cancer, Susan G. Komen on Organic Foods, Hemp Seeds for Inflammation, Pau D’Arco For Improved Immunity
In addition to exploring health benefits of certain foods, vitamins and supplements, we also aim to connect healthy eating and balanced consumption of dietary supplements to long-lasting health and adding healthy, happy years to your life. For example, did you know that eating Granny Smith Apples on a regular basis can reduce your chance of building up unhealthy gut yeast? Or that ingesting ground hemp seeds can significantly reduce inflammation throughout the body? Perhaps you didn’t know that Fresh Organic Produce has been found to have higher concentrations of key, cancer-fighting anti-oxidants and vitamins than conventional produce? You can find all of that information and more right here on Natural Health 365.
We’d love to know what you’re thinking! Please join the conversation on Facebook, post comments here on the website and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Please use and share the articles you find here with your friends, family and peers.