How Essiac tea helps thousands of people heal cancer
(NaturalHealth365) The well-known cancer-healing formula Essiac, based on an old Ojibwa recipe, was brought to the modern world by the Canadian nurse Rene Caisse in the 1920’s. What is inside Essiac that makes it so effective and why don’t more people know about its almost-magical ability to heal cancer?
The answer may surprise you …
Essiac Tea has a colorful history
Close to 100 years ago, nurse Rene Caise got word that a woman she knew had been cured of breast cancer by using an ancient Native American remedy based on local herbs. Intrigued, she investigated. Little did she know, Caisse was to spend the next fifty years researching and administering “Essiac” tea.
Can you tell where the name comes from? Essiac is Caisse spelled backwards!
Despite eventually becoming a target for persecution by the modern medical establishment in Canada and elsewhere, during those five decades Caisse would go on to work with Dr. Frederick Banting of the University of Toronto, the inventor of insulin, in proving the effectiveness of the formula. Together they produced scientific evidence that the formula really works. Through her own clinic in Ontario, Canada, Caisse also helped untold number of individuals (some say it was in the thousands) recover from cancer and other debilitating illnesses.
Banting is quoted as saying the following to Caisse about the formula:
“I will not say you have a cure for cancer. But you have more evidence of a beneficial treatment for cancer than anyone in the world.”
Despite this, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to this day has not approved Essiac as a cancer treatment. It remains on the FDA list of “new drugs not generally recognized as safe.”
Essiac Tea is made up of proven cancer-killing substances, including Rhubarb and Burdock.
Although modern versions have been altered somewhat from the original formula, in general there are four basic ingredients to Essiac. They include Rhubarb, Sheep Sorrel, Slippery Elm and Burdock Root:
- Rhubarb root is a cancer-healer mainly because it contains the anti-tumor anthraquinone emodin. According to a 2007 study conducted by Singapore University, Chinese Rhubarb was found to induce apoptosis and prevent metastasis in laboratory cancer cells.
- Also known as “dock,” Sheep Sorrel has proven to be a powerful agent in itself against cancer, primarily because of the many kinds of immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory anthraquinones, flavonoids and phenols present within it. A 2016 Turkish study discovered that Rumex acetosella was effective on multi-drug resistant forms of leukemia.
- The inner bark of Slippery Elm is used primarily for soothing and healing the gut, the area in your body where the majority of your immune system cells can be found. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Burdock Root is a known blood purifier and detoxifier, helping to remove toxins through the urinary tract as well as through the lymph nodes and the respiratory system. In addition, according to a Russian Academy of Medical Sciences study, the amino acid L-asparagine was able to lower the level of metastasis in women’s lung cancer by up to 91%.
The healing power of Essiac tea explained …
On their own, each one of these herbs can be powerful healers for the body. When they come together, the combination works together through boosting the immune system’s ability to hunt out pathogens, provide high levels of antioxidants, and flush out toxins through the liver, kidneys and other pathways.
Besides Caisse’s own ground-breaking researcher, there are still very few scientific studies out there as to the cancer inhibitive effect of the Essiac formula as a whole. According to a 2004 Purdue University study, however, the Essiac formula dosed in small amounts was shown to have a direct effect on prostate cancer cells through enhancing the production of certain T Cells in the immune system. Too much of the formula, however, inhibited these same T Cells.
Essiac Tea for cancer healing must be taken seriously
If you are considering preparing Essiac tea for you or a loved one, be sure to take these precautions:
- Many experts warn against using commercially-prepared Essiac formulas since these dried products may sometimes sit in storage for months and lose their potency.
- Also, take caution if you are pregnant, nursing or trying to conceive a child; if you have acute ulcers or colitis; if you have kidney disease or high-iron blood; or if you have a brain tumor.
- Finally, Essiac is not recommended for children under 12 unless under the supervision of a natural health professional.
Getting the guidance of a health professional first is always the safest thing to do when considering any powerful natural modality for targeted cancer healing. If you can’t obtain fresh herbs to make Essiac tea yourself, then my advice is to get the formula in dry form from the Rene Caisse website directly in order to ensure that you are getting the best quality.
Be sure to do your own research. Then I would consider Essiac as a tried and true healing protocol for your cancer-fighting regime.
About the author: Dr. Veronique Desaulniers (“Dr. V”) is a best-selling author and specialist in Chiropractic, Bio-Energetics, Meridian Stress Analysis, Homeopathy and Digital Thermography. After 30 years in active practice, she decided to “retire” and devote her time to sharing her personal, non-toxic Breast Cancer healing journey with others. Her years of experience and research have culminated in “The 7 Essentials™ “, a step-by-step coaching program that unravels the mystery of healing the body. Her website and personal healing journey have touched the lives of thousands of women around the globe. To get your F.R.E.E. 7-day mini e-course and to receive her weekly inspiring articles on the power of natural medicine – visit: BreastCancerConqueror.com