10 proven essential oils that will clear acne and blemishes fast
(NaturalHealth365) Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some stage in their life. It mostly occurs at the adolescent stage in the skin area of your shoulders, face, neck, chest or back. Our skin produces a natural oil called sebum that prevents the skin from drying out, but during adolescent period, this oil tends to be produced in excess. But, the good news is – essential oils can help.
This excess oil blocks the hair follicles of the skin and this is what leads to development of acne together with accumulation of dead skin cells. Eventually, if the condition is ignored and worsens, the excess oil will make that part of the skin black or dark hence the name “blackhead”.
Don’t ignore the problem: Acne can really damage the skin
When the follicles stay blocked, they can become swollen due to the growth of a harmless bacterium called Propionibacterium acnes hence causing development of bump-like spots called papules or white spots called pustules.
Depending on how severe your acne is, it can cause emotional discomfort or the scarring of the skin can make you feel unattractive, hence the importance of starting treatment early before the scars cause extensive damage to your skin.
The best way to treat acne is by using essential oils which can be found incorporated in some beauty products or naturally in the market. Essential oils have been proven to work for centuries and people still trust them as natural sources of medicine in today’s world. Using essential oils will help clear your skin from acne quickly and organically.
Top 10 essential oils to help reduce acne and blemishes
1. Lavender oil – helps to calm and fight blemishes in your skin. Make it a daily routine by using a moisturizer with lavender or make your own by adding jojoba and almond oil. Apply the oil to the areas of concern – twice a day.
Do NOT ignore the health dangers linked to toxic indoor air. These chemicals - the 'off-gassing' of paints, mattresses, carpets and other home/office building materials - increase your risk of nasal congestion, fatigue, poor sleep, skin issues plus many other health issues.
Get the BEST indoor air purification system - at the LOWEST price, exclusively for NaturalHealth365 readers. I, personally use this system in my home AND office. Click HERE to order now - before the sale ends.
2. Tea Tree oil – contains anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, which reduce the inflammation that leads to the swelling caused by bacteria of the skin. You can take a small piece of cotton wool, dip it in the oil and wipe the area of concern. If you have an extremely sensitive skin, dilute the oil with a carrier oil (such as coconut or olive oil).
Be aware that it dries the skin, so use a moisturizer.
A good dilution ratio is 3 drops of tea tree oil to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil. Although, if you have extra sensitive skin, it is recommended that you do 1-2 drops of oil.
3. Bergamot oil – has an amazing citrus scent and antibacterial properties – which will do the magic of eliminating black spots and blemishes on your skin. It easily combines with coconut , jojoba and olive oils, making it a perfect mixture for treating acne.
4. Rosemary oil – reduces the excess oil in the skin, making it a good choice for treating acne. It has an anti-inflammatory effect which reduces the redness of the skin caused by acne.
Use a moisturizer that contains rosemary regularly to get a perfect acne treatment.
5. Cypress essential oil – is extracted through steam distillation of the cypress twigs. It helps tone the skin, prevent large skin pores and reduce oil in an oily skin.
6. Lemongrass oil – is distilled by steam distillation of the lemongrass’ leaves and stems. It contains Vitamins A which enhance skin cell repair that replaces the dead skin cells and Vitamin E, which aids to lighten acne spots and blemish scars.
7. Frankincense oil – is a personal favorite for most people. It has wonderful healing and revitalizing properties that help all types of skin.
Truthfully, it is a perfect choice for a healthy and youthful skin without acne scars. Not only will it help with acne, but it also has effective properties that eliminate wrinkles.
8. Oregano essential oil – has a higher percentage of phenol which is an organic compound with strong disinfectant properties. Use small amounts because oregano tends to cause skin irritation. It is highly recommended that you dilute this essential oil with a carrier oil like mentioned in #2.
9. Chamomile essential oil – calms the irritation caused by acne and also lightens the black spots of acne. Add a few drops of chamomile oil on your face wash regimen daily to get the perfect results.
10. Geranium essential oil – which is green in color when extracted, has a very strong scent with rich antibacterial and antioxidant properties good for acne elimination and aging skin. You can use it at night when going to sleep to achieve maximum results.
One final (important) point …
Choosing to use essential oils to eliminate acne is not only a proven technique but it also makes it super simple because essential oils are easily available and you do not need to get them through a dermatologist.
Using essential oils is only a matter of applying a couple drops to your hands and massaging the oil into the areas of concern. You will see quicker results than synthetic prescribed medication and they are also the perfect natural (non-toxic) solution.
About the author: Maxx Joseph is the CEO and Owner of Essential Oil Advocate, a blog dedicated to offering free educational content to help people with their health concerns and goals using natural remedies. Subscribe for our email updates on our website and get 2 free audiobooks on essential oils and a free 9 Day Essential Oil eCourse.
GMOs & Dangerous Chemicals
Natural Health 365
Natural Health 365 is a premium source of trending and popular health-related news, science, testimony & research articles on the most up to date and relevant natural health information. The articles on GMOs & other Dangerous Chemicals found herein are meant to inform and advise our site visitors on steering clear of foods and other consumer products that contain Genetically Modified Organisms and/or Chemicals that are DANGEROUS to human health.
Join thousands of daily visitors staying informed and involved on Natural Health 365! We seek out scientific solutions with proven results and it is our mission to keep you up to date on the latest information! Articles range in topic from vaccination overviews to linking specific, common vaccines to the development of autism. We also aim to educate the public on the dangers of vaccines and provide in depth analysis of political vaccination bills.
Read Some of Our Most Popular Articles
Consumer Alert: GMO Apples & Potatoes are a Public Health Risk, Roundup Herbicide & GMOs Destroy Your Digestive System, US Senate Votes to Shut Down GMO Labeling Bill, Monsanto Lies Revealed.
GMOs & Dangerous Chemicals
More Articles on GMOs & Toxic Chemicals
In addition to publishing articles concerning the most up-to-date information on GMO Foods, Research, & Toxic Chemicals that have dangerous and unintended consenquences, we also aim to connect healthy lifestyles, non-GMO diets and balanced consumption of dietary supplements to lifelong health and adding happy years to your life.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that Monsanto is one of the most profitable entities on the planet, while the farmers that make them so successful are barely able to feed their families? Or that mono-cropping erodes our top soil so that no vegetables, grains, or fruits will grow in the wake of a mono-cropped field? Perhaps you didn’t know that organized events to protest Monsanto and their signature chemical, Roundup? You can find all of that information and more right here on Natural Health 365.
Join Our Email List
Each day, visitors sign up for our weekly informative news sent directly to their email or RSS feed agregator. We send out three weekly emails keeping you informed and involved on the latest Natural Health News, information about our FREE SHOWS and updates on your favorite topics including Food & Nutrition, Cancer & Heart Disease, Vaccines & Autism, & – of course – GMOs & Dangerous Chemicals!
You can also check out our VIP member area, The Inner Circle, where you get access to thousands of recorded interview (audio/video), pod casts, & literature by some of the worlds foremost experts on Natural Health and Treatments that could save you thousands! Learn how to REVERSE disease without the use of toxic and expensive medications.
Natural Health 365 also is a venue for webinars on various topics, has a flourishing e-commerce store where you can purchase vitamins, pro biotics, supplements and unique products such as Grazing Goat Whey Protein.
Grazing Goat Whey Protein™ is formulated exclusively for the health-conscious consumer looking for the finest whey protein nutritional supplement on the planet.* Best of all, this goat whey protein comes from goats that graze – 365 days per year – on pesticide and chemical free pastures. No hormones, antibiotics or pesticides are used – ever. This product is non-GMO and gluten free.