5 ways to relieve acid reflux with essential oils
(NaturalHealth365) Acid reflux refers to a condition where the acid produced in the stomach goes back to the esophagus. It is experienced as a burning sensation below your breastbone and results in a number of symptoms, for instance, bloating, difficulty swallowing, and indigestion.
In addition, acid reflux is caused by various factors, for instance, lying down after eating a large meal, alcohol, eating acidic foods, pregnancy, and a leaky gut.
The good news is that it is possible to relieve acid reflux with the help of a few essential oils. These oils come from plants and are extracted through a distillation process. Essential oils have been used for therapeutic and healing purposes for centuries. Using them will promote faster healing for your ailment while using an all-natural solution.
5 ways to relieve acid reflux with essential oils
1. Ginger essential oil: Ginger oil comes from the ginger root. It blocks acid production and suppresses the H.Pylori bacteria. It also prevents the formation of ulcers. Here is how to use it to relieve acid reflux:
– 2 to 4 drops of ginger essential oil
– 1 cup of hot water
1. Add 2 to 4 drops of ginger essential oil into the hot water.
2. Allow it to stay for about 30 minutes.
3. Stir the drink.
4. Drink the mixture 20 minutes before your meal.
Did you know? The liver is the most important detoxifying organ in the body. When the liver can’t effectively neutralize and dispose of toxins, they accumulate in the body. Two essential nutrients for healthy liver function are milk thistle and glutathione. These two ingredients - plus much more – are now available in an advanced liver support formula. Click here to learn more.
Precaution: Do not take aspirin for at least 2 hours after the intake of ginger.
2. Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint essential oil tends to be more concentrated when compared to other essential oils. Not only is Peppermint great for acid reflux but it is also good for soothing digestive issues and common stomach aches.
– A drop of peppermint essential oil
– 1/2 teaspoonful of organic apple cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoonful of honey
– 1 glass of warm water
Process: Mix all the ingredients together and make sure that you stir it well.
Directions: Sip slowly daily every morning before you eat or drink anything else.
3. Eucalyptus essential oil: This essential oil contains most of the properties of a typical volatile oil. It is obtained from the fresh leaves of the eucalyptus tree.
– 2 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
– 3 drops of peppermint essential oil
– 1 teaspoonful of carrier oil (A carrier oil is a vegetable oil that comes from the fatty portion of the plant. Some good carrier oils are fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, and evening primrose oil)
Process: Mix all the ingredients together.
Directions: Rub the mixture over the chest and lower neck area and massage the area for a few minutes.
4. Lemon essential oil: Lemon essential oil helps in the temporary excretion of digestive acids, which alleviates heartburn. The oil also has some antibacterial properties which fight off H.pylori bacteria in the stomach and in the digestive tract as well. Lemon is great for cleansing the stomach and detoxifying.
– A glass of water (8 ounces)
– 1 drop of lemon essential oil
Process: Put the drop of essential oil into the glass of water.
Directions: Drink this mixture throughout your day for optimal stomach functionality especially before and during meals.
5. Wild orange essential oil: Not only is wild orange a great oil for acid reflux but can also help with detoxifying, constipation, and when feeling bloated.
– 4 drops of wild orange essential oil
– 1 teaspoonful Grapeseed carrier oil
Add the 4 drops of wild orange essential oil to a teaspoonful of grapeseed carrier oil.
Directions: Massage it into your chest and upper back. You can also blend it with cream, lotion or massage oil.
To take wild orange blossom essential oil orally: Mix a drop of wild orange essential oil with 1 teaspoonful of honey and add it to your beverage (preferably water). Another alternative is you can diffuse the oil into air. To do this, add the oil into a bowl of hot water and inhale.
Caution: The wild orange essential oil may cause photosensitivity. Avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after you have applied it onto the skin.
In conclusion, we know that it’s possible to get acid reflux relief with essential oils. Why go for conventional (often toxic) medications? Using the healing benefits of essential oils in our bodies gives us a natural and cleaner alternative to over-the-counter medicine.
About The Author: Max Joseph is the CEO and Owner of Essential Oil Advocate, a blog dedicated to offering free educational content to help people with their health concerns and goals using natural remedies. Subscribe for our email updates and get 2 free audiobooks on essential oils and a free 9 Day Essential Oil eCourse.
Food & Nutrition
Natural Health 365
Natural Health 365 is a premium source of trending and popular health-related news, science, testimony & research articles on the most up to date and relevant natural health information. The Food & Nutrition articles found herein are meant to inform and advise our site visitors on eating healthy, nutritious foods and safely using supplements and vitamins to achieve optimal health.
Join thousands of daily visitors staying informed and involved on Natural Health 365! We seek out scientific solutions with proven results and it is our mission to keep you informed! Articles range in topic from the cancer fighting qualities of Olive Oil, to the remarkably high concentration of anti-oxidants found in blueberries, to how to make your own almond milk, to a nutritional comparison of organic vs conventional produce, to an analysis of the health benefits of tree nuts. You can find all of the Food News Articles here
Read Some of Our Most Popular Articles
Artichokes, Olive Oil, Almond Milk, Blueberries
More Food & Nutrition Articles
Fresh Organic Produce Fights Cancer, Susan G. Komen on Organic Foods, Hemp Seeds for Inflammation, Pau D’Arco For Improved Immunity
In addition to exploring health benefits of certain foods, vitamins and supplements, we also aim to connect healthy eating and balanced consumption of dietary supplements to long-lasting health and adding healthy, happy years to your life. For example, did you know that eating Granny Smith Apples on a regular basis can reduce your chance of building up unhealthy gut yeast? Or that ingesting ground hemp seeds can significantly reduce inflammation throughout the body? Perhaps you didn’t know that Fresh Organic Produce has been found to have higher concentrations of key, cancer-fighting anti-oxidants and vitamins than conventional produce? You can find all of that information and more right here on Natural Health 365.
We’d love to know what you’re thinking! Please join the conversation on Facebook, post comments here on the website and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Please use and share the articles you find here with your friends, family and peers.