9 powerful health benefits of pineapples
Yes, you heard that right, this sweet tropical delight carries health benefits so strong it can help the body fight off chronic disease including cancer, inflammatory conditions, and support the digestive system at the same time.
So, inquiring minds want to know, ‘how can eating pineapples help me?’ (keep reading)
Nine of the best benefits of pineapples
1. Cancer prevention: Pineapples are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which can help bolster the body and protect it from cancer. The flavonoids, bromelain, and other antioxidants are important components in cancer prevent, but it’s the manganese content that makes pineapples great for cancer prevention.
Manganese is a critical co-factor in the production of superoxide dismutase – which helps to deal with free radicals in the body. Free radicals are responsible for causing a number of different cancers which is why pineapple plays a role in cancer prevention. Simply put, pineapple is a delicious way to boost your immune system and reduce your risk of cancer!
2. Digestive health: If you suffer from digestive issues, pineapples may be your stomach’s best friend! This fruit is a rich source of both soluble and insoluble fiber which can help protect you from developing constipation, IBS, and diarrhea.
Do NOT ignore the health dangers linked to toxic indoor air. These chemicals - the 'off-gassing' of paints, mattresses, carpets and other home/office building materials - increase your risk of nasal congestion, fatigue, poor sleep, skin issues plus many other health issues.
Get the BEST indoor air purification system - at the LOWEST price, exclusively for NaturalHealth365 readers. I, personally use this system in my home AND office. Click HERE to order now - before the sale ends.
Adding fiber to your diet can help stimulate the passage of food through the digestive tract promoting a healthy digestive system.
3. Coughs: Who knew that pineapples can serve as a natural cough remedy? There is no need to run to the drug store and stock up on that yucky cough syrup because a natural cough remedy may be sitting in your refrigerator. This fruit is full of vitamin C which is going to help boost your immune system, but it also contains an important enzyme called bromelain.
Bromelain has been known to help reduce the production of phlegm as well as mucus built up in the respiratory tract and even the sinus cavities. This enzyme is also a potent anti-inflammatory agent, and has the ability to fight infections, and kill off bacteria. Studies have shown that the juice from fresh pineapples may actually be able to suppress coughs more effectively than traditional cough medicines! (Pineapple smoothie, anyone?!)
4. Bone health: When you first think about pineapples, you probably wouldn’t associate them with having bone health benefits, however, they actually do! The high manganese content assists in strengthening bones as well as aiding in growth, and overall repair.
One single serving of pineapple can provide you with up to 70% of your daily requirement of manganese!
5. Oral health: Watch out fluoride, because pineapple makes an impressive impact on oral health – without the toxicity! If you’re looking for a natural way to boost your oral health, this tropical fruit may be the answer.
Pineapples contain astringent properties which help in strengthening your gums. Don’t forget about the antioxidant properties that can also help protect against oral cancer.
6. Blood circulation: Here is another amazing health benefit of this fruit. Pineapple is a rich source of copper, which is required for the formation of red blood cells. Red blood cells are needed in order to provide oxygenation to different organs of the body and provides cognitive health benefits as well.
7. Tissue health: Did you know that vitamin C is required in the production of collagen? This is why vitamin C can aid in wound healing, and can help prevent the development of other infections.
Pineapple is high in vitamin C making it the perfect fruit to boost wound healing, and provide protection.
8. Arthritis: If you suffer from arthritis, pineapple may be able to help! This fruit has been known to reduce overall inflammation, including inflammation associated with joint and muscle pain.
That amazing enzyme bromelain is again responsible for this action and has been shown to reduce the symptoms of arthritis in different studies.
9. Blood pressure: Did you know that according to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, fewer than 2% of American adults are getting the recommended amount of potassium into their diets? Potassium is an important part of naturally lowering high blood pressure, and high potassium foods include fruits, and vegetables, including pineapples! Try adding pineapple into your diet as a natural potassium booster.
Obviously, the benefits of pineapples are pretty amazing, however like anything else too much of a good thing is never a good idea. But, if you enjoy pineapple in moderate amounts as part of healthy diet you will be able to enjoy the wonderful health benefits this delicious tropical fruit has to offer.
I recommend adding pineapple into smoothies for a yummy tropical twist or even adding it to a salad for a sweet, and refreshing flavor. No matter how you decide to enjoy this fruit, your body will certainly thank you for it.
Food & Nutrition
Natural Health 365
Natural Health 365 is a premium source of trending and popular health-related news, science, testimony & research articles on the most up to date and relevant natural health information. The Food & Nutrition articles found herein are meant to inform and advise our site visitors on eating healthy, nutritious foods and safely using supplements and vitamins to achieve optimal health.
Join thousands of daily visitors staying informed and involved on Natural Health 365! We seek out scientific solutions with proven results and it is our mission to keep you informed! Articles range in topic from the cancer fighting qualities of Olive Oil, to the remarkably high concentration of anti-oxidants found in blueberries, to how to make your own almond milk, to a nutritional comparison of organic vs conventional produce, to an analysis of the health benefits of tree nuts. You can find all of the Food News Articles here
Read Some of Our Most Popular Articles
Artichokes, Olive Oil, Almond Milk, Blueberries
More Food & Nutrition Articles
Fresh Organic Produce Fights Cancer, Susan G. Komen on Organic Foods, Hemp Seeds for Inflammation, Pau D’Arco For Improved Immunity
In addition to exploring health benefits of certain foods, vitamins and supplements, we also aim to connect healthy eating and balanced consumption of dietary supplements to long-lasting health and adding healthy, happy years to your life. For example, did you know that eating Granny Smith Apples on a regular basis can reduce your chance of building up unhealthy gut yeast? Or that ingesting ground hemp seeds can significantly reduce inflammation throughout the body? Perhaps you didn’t know that Fresh Organic Produce has been found to have higher concentrations of key, cancer-fighting anti-oxidants and vitamins than conventional produce? You can find all of that information and more right here on Natural Health 365.
We’d love to know what you’re thinking! Please join the conversation on Facebook, post comments here on the website and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Please use and share the articles you find here with your friends, family and peers.